Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe!

I am a pretty shy person and decided to write a little bit about myself on here, even if nobody reads haha. 

I had discovered Sikhism back in August and fell in absolute love with the Guru's teachings. My whole family is Catholic and i was raised this way and even became a Catholic school teacher, but i knew deep down that i wanted something different, spiritually. I started to do a bit of research about different religions just to gain more knowledge in hopes that i'll understand Catholicism more as some questions i asked the Catholic community didn't seem right to me. Anywhoo, after one day I started thinking about turbans and what it was about honestly i thought it was something Hindu's or Muslims wear. (I know sorry). I typed in Google "Who wears Turbans?"... and that's where it all began honestly. I'm still learning more and more and feel an improvement within myself even if nobody notices. So I joined newtosikhi to gain more knowledge and meet people who are also new to Sikhi haha, I don't know any Sikhs in Southern Maryland or MD at all and I've never been to a Gurdwara bcus of my nervousness and end up chickening out (shame on me, but one day i will). Thanks for reading and i hope to gain something good out of this and sorry if I had made any mistakes. :)

~WJKK WJKF~

Views: 256

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Ayana for lovely post .

you can check a thread related to first time visit to Gurudwara here on newtosikhi .

http://www.newtosikhi.com/group/gurdwaraetiquette/forum/topics/top-...

blessings ....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

veer check out this channel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/basicsofsikhi

everythings in english

Dear Ayana

WGJKK WGJKF!

Thanks for sharing and just keep on discovering and learning, after all a "Sikh" is a learner!

Best wishes

Parminder

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

I attend Guru Gobind Singh Foundation in Rockville. It's a wonderful place:) You'll never find a more loving and caring environment! I have been attending since June, taking Gurmat and Punjabi classes with my mother. It feels like home. I was raised Hindu (Vedanta) and I have never felt more connected than I do since attending Gurdwara. If you'd like to chat my email is: honornature@yahoo.com.

Sat sri akaal,

nina

Thanks for sharing your story. I was wondering about it when I saw you joining NTS. By the way, you are most welcome here. Did you join this group?

RSS

Suggestions & Complaints Box

If you have any suggestions or would like to report something or someone, please send me a message.

Danka

New To Sikhi friends:

About

Danka created this Ning Network.

Going places?

Here are some companies I use:

Car rentals

AutoEuro – Best Rates Wordwide

Economybookings.com

© 2019   Created by Danka.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service