My sikh bf and I, a hindu girl have been dating each other for about 8 years. Though, we deeply love each other but he cannot get married to me because he would not be able to convince his parents as I am 7 years older to him. Anyhow, he is about to become an amrit-dhari sikh soon. (I dread the thought of not being able to be with him). So, does the sikh religion allows us to continue dating each other, even after he is an amrit-dhari sikh. Please answer those who really know or can answer based of facts.

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, can't help you with the facts, but Sikhism is about treating everyone equally.

Sorry for the very late reply. Thank you for ur answer. I would love to follow his religion after marriage and bring up our children following the same.
But, what I really what to know is that as he always says his religion i.e Sikhism does allow a Sikh to date someone who isn't Sikh. Is that true? Or is he not clear about the facts?
It all depends on him how he views his commitment to Amrit! Best is always to have same religion for sake of kids & their spiritual education.There are many Sindhi people who practice both Hinduism & Sikhism in their own special ways.Gurdwara is open to all people.I would suggest for you to learn about Sikhism & teach him about Hinduism. Then decide how would you like to raise your kids.
Sorry for the very late reply. Thank you for ur answer. I would love to follow his religion after marriage and bring up our children following the same.
But, what I really what to know is that as he always says his religion i.e Sikhism does allow a Sikh to date someone who isn't Sikh. Is that true? Or is he not clear about the facts?

RSS

Suggestions & Complaints Box

If you have any suggestions or would like to report something or someone, please send me a message.

Danka

New To Sikhi friends:

About

Danka created this Ning Network.

Going places?

Here are some companies I use:

Car rentals

AutoEuro – Best Rates Wordwide

Economybookings.com

© 2019   Created by Danka.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service