NTS August 2014 Newsletter: NewToSikhi is partnering with GoSikh

SSA Sangat,

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

First of all, I would like to thank sincerely and wholeheartedly all people who donated their hard earned money to NTS and those who spend their valuable time on NTS. I have paid the annual fee and now we are good to go for another year. Amazingly, we received one big anonymous donation even after the deadline. That's where some of these extra donations will help NTS towards hiring a dedicated graphic designer or IT adviser. As well, I'm considering moving NTS to a different platform, but I'm not sure if I'm techy enough to be able to do it but let's see.

Today, I'm ready to share with you very important news. I've been waiting for it for a few years now. NewToSikhi is partnering with GoSikh. We'll be serving European Sangat by dispatching turbans directly from Ireland.

Myself and Guri from Go Sikh are friends since July 2010. GoSikh was supporting NTS since that time and I can say that GoSikh.com is very ethical, charitable and philanthropic company. I'm happy to be associated with GoSikh name.

GoSikh on FacebookTwitter and Stikhs.com

Why we are partnering? Pollution, quicker delivery, cheaper postage price and turban availability to European customers. Currently turbans are coming from India to Oakland and then back to Europe.

Example for a UK order

India -> Oakland -> UK. (Oakland to UK takes 6-12 days).  Distance travelled 12,500 miles (20,000 kms) Not good.

In summary:

• We are improving and getting the Turbans located in Europe.
  • Orders from Europe will be shipped from Europe.
  • Time to delivery for European orders will be 3-5 days (as compared to 6-12 days).
  • Mailing costs will go down.

From GoSikh:

I'm very HAPPY to announce this partnership (between GoSikh and NTS) and we are requesting the blessings of our Sangat. We are doing this for you, the environment and the chance to serve the larger Sangat in Europe. 

What do you think? If you have any questions and suggestion about this project, please let me know. If you have any questions related to turbans, please go to our new forum section called Turban Basics.

Thanks again for your continued support. If you feel that I have done a good job, please please do let one or ten people know about NTS.

Yours truly, Danka

www.newtosikhi.com

Visit us on Twitter & Facebook

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Cecile. I'm very positive about this project and can't wait to send first order!

A quick update for those who are reading this post. More than 30 turbans sent to people in Europe. Yay! Quicker delivery and we saved a lot of fuel (otherwise these turbans would fly India>>San Francisco>>Your destination) :)

RSS

Suggestions & Complaints Box

If you have any suggestions or would like to report something or someone, please send me a message.

Danka

New To Sikhi friends:

Now visiting this site:

About

Danka created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by Danka.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service