Please take a moment and introduce yourself to the New to Sikhi
community. Just share a bit about yourself!  How did you find out about New to Sikhi? What do you think of it?

Views: 2300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this human world lacks social, environmental, political and economic responsibility. if only more humans could feel as ONE on this tiny planet instead of being separated by intolerant religions, greed, wastefulness and envy.

i realized through discussion with sikhi friends on the internet that sikhism is a path to overcome this deficiency.

forgiveness, respect, responsibility, hope, love should lead us to a better world in harmony with nature.

Want to do something to reach this.

I'd say it's impossible for humans to be united and feel as ONE but at least we can try!

Peter Bresgott said:

if only more humans could feel as ONE on this tiny planet instead of being separated by intolerant religions, greed, wastefulness and envy.

We can be kept apart only if we give our power away! I truly believe we can feel as ONE but that comes from realizing our connection to Source and that takes work! :) There's a guideline in Kundalini yoga that says "Recognize that the other person is YOU". Meaning that we are all the same; of the same Light. If we get THAT - what can ever keep us apart?

Sat Nam!

Nonu said:

How can we be united when there are so many religions which keep us apart. Why do we need so many ways to one goal?

If there is one god then why different ways to connect with him, or is it her?

Till the day we find the direct and the only way, we will not be united.

If I could say my mind about that!?

I was thinking about the same, and not only about why we need some much religions, as God in ONE, and why all religions say then they have a real truth, and why in the world happen such thing what happen and why i have that life, what i have or some another have that life what they have!??

About life I have only one explanation... it's Karma..., about that I was fighting with my-self thought maybe I make some sign, as chocaholic church say like that..., and another religions where is One God don't believe and accept reincarnation and Karma, then I kind of took church view and say, yes there is not other life we have only one, but you know that my belief-confidence didn't gone!

And then after my religion crises I understood, then actually is not matter in what region you are in, as the main is private, direct connection with God, and how it's become, how you got till there, is not matter...!!

God know us, as He created us, and He know then not for everyone can't be suite the same way how to some one another.., He complitly don't care from which way you come to Him!! He care and want, let you will come to Him, only that is matter!! I didn't found that my question complitly yet, but know then everything what we do to show something then we are believers good persons and etc. is need only for humans, as God know us and see us with out all that "shows". The main is direct connection with Him and that how we live our life out side church, how good we are with our conscience!? How find it that is question and very, very big job with your-self, where not make dirty with the world mess our conscience, let still can heard what it say, as I believe that is voice of God!! Different religions is different way for people how to find Him! 

As that what can be good for elephant, couldn't suite for mouse! Some one can disagree with me maybe, but i said I still searching answer to question about this life on planet Earth!!

Liz, the points you mentioned above, i completely agree with you.  Your views shows that you are a born Sikh because it matches with the principles of Sikhism.

:D Thank You a lot!!! :))) It's very sweet of you!!

Yes I'm joking by my-self, then for too bad Karma God send me to North,let I will free in here...I had to be some much more warmer place, like for example India! :))

But if serious then it's just my opinion, but I could make some mistakes, too, as I just learn how live in this life and search! Don't know how to know am I have young or old soul, but sometimes I feel then I have young soul, as repeat and repeat all the same mistakes and can heard or see a lesson..., that can do only some young soul, I think! And also feel, then don't know yet this world, let can know how to live right.! 

Thank you one more time for so warm and nice words!! :))

All the best Amarjit Ji! :) (right!?)

Hugs, Liz

Thankyou Liz.  I also like warmer places like India but that doesn't mean all people living in India are truthful or all the Sikhs living in Punjab are true Sikhs.  No matter which place on earth you live don't  think much about your soul, as to who you are, what were you in previous birth.........only think about the present, you need to do good Karmas that's all and i am sure once you start thinking this way your future too would be secured.  The past is not in our hand so why waste time thinking on it, and to have good future we need to do good at present time......so for me only the present, the time right now in my hand is important.  Who knows about the future and who cares about the past is what my attitude in life is   I am living this moment of life, i want to do good things right now because i am alive right now, i want to spread the LOVE right now, the present moment is the only thing which is under the control of my mind because i am in my senses, i don't know about the next moment so i am at peace right at this moment.

Nonu ji,

this variety of religions is part of God's creation too... Kirtan Sohila reminds us (Ang 12):

ਰਾਗੁ ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ
रागु आसा महला १ ॥
Rāg āsā mėhlā 1.
Raag Aasaa, First Mehl:

ਛਿਅ ਘਰ ਛਿਅ ਗੁਰ ਛਿਅ ਉਪਦੇਸ
छिअ घर छिअ गुर छिअ उपदेस ॥
Cẖẖi▫a gẖar cẖẖi▫a gur cẖẖi▫a upḏes.
There are six schools of philosophy, six teachers, and six sets of teachings.

ਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਵੇਸ ਅਨੇਕ ॥੧॥
गुरु गुरु एको वेस अनेक ॥१॥
Gur gur eko ves anek. ||1||
But the Teacher of teachers is the One, who appears in so many forms. ||1||

ਬਾਬਾ ਜੈ ਘਰਿ ਕਰਤੇ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹੋਇ
बाबा जै घरि करते कीरति होइ ॥
Bābā jai gẖar karṯe kīraṯ ho▫e.
O Baba: that system in which the Praises of the Creator are sung -

ਸੋ ਘਰੁ ਰਾਖੁ ਵਡਾਈ ਤੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
सो घरु राखु वडाई तोइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
So gẖar rākẖ vadā▫ī ṯo▫e. ||1|| rahā▫o.
follow that system; in it rests true greatness. ||1||Pause||

Nonu said:

How can we be united when there are so many religions which keep us apart. Why do we need so many ways to one goal?

Hi!

First I think you haven't to apologize for anything...that who will want read it, as that is what you have on your heart, and they will care about that and will appreciate, but that who will not just will not read it, so everybody will be satisfy! ;) I know how it is.., I'm apologize my-self a lot, but in general I understand then it's only me, who really care about that, so now worries! Only easy to say ,like do.. right!? ;)

I wanted to say thank you for your description, I can understand you!

All the best and the best of good luck in studies and become a teacher!! :)) I'm sure you will be great one, as you care the things..!! :)))

Nonu Jee,

There are so many religions because God is so vast, he's too big to fit into one!  :)

In all seriousness, just as diverse is Vaaheguroo's creation, so are the paths in which to follow him :)

I am new to this, but i feel that it is right to choose this path, what are we ought do to get the people to share it?

Saranpreet Kaur said:

We can be kept apart only if we give our power away! I truly believe we can feel as ONE but that comes from realizing our connection to Source and that takes work! :) There's a guideline in Kundalini yoga that says "Recognize that the other person is YOU". Meaning that we are all the same; of the same Light. If we get THAT - what can ever keep us apart?

Sat Nam!

Nonu said:

Sat Siri Akaal dear Peter Ji

I think we all have to share this path through living it.  Sikhi is an experiential religion - you have to feel it. When people see us living truthfully, ethically and spiritually, when they see our radiant faces in 'Chardi Kalla', in bliss, they will also want a 'piece of the action', so to speak!  The beauty of Sikhi is that we do not force it on anyone. When the Guru wants you - the Guru fills the whole of your being with love that whatever you see and feel, is the Creator.

In this state of being - The Creator, the whole of Creation and the Creature are One!

Best wishes

Parminder

Peter Bresgott said:

I am new to this, but i feel that it is right to choose this path, what are we ought do to get the people to share it?

Saranpreet Kaur said:

Sat Nam!

Nonu said:

RSS

Suggestions & Complaints Box

If you have any suggestions or would like to report something or someone, please send me a message.

Danka

New To Sikhi friends:

Now visiting this site:

About

Danka created this Ning Network.

© 2017   Created by Danka.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service