All Discussions Tagged 'sikhs' (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it possible at all that an amritdhari sikh may be permitted to have a partner who does not follow sikhism (atleast the tenet about hair)?

"I'm a hindu girl dating a sikh boy since 2 years now. We have been committed towards getting married. However, he is amritdhaari and insis…

Started by Danka

13 Jul 3, 2018
Reply by vikramjit singh

11 Things You Wanted to Know About My Turban But Were Too Afraid to Ask

Turban. Is turban a hat? Why some Sikhs wear it and some people don't?  Why turban? Is hot in it? These are the question I've asked my hub…

Started by Danka

1 Mar 10, 2018
Reply by Shivam Mehta

Hindu Kush to Thames by Dutch Sikh

SSA Sangat,  When I've created this forum, I've never thought I will meet in private and on the web so many exciting personalities. Recent…

Started by Danka

1 Nov 1, 2017
Reply by Kirpal Singh

January 2017 Newsletter: 1000 likes and is it the end for NTS?

Sat Sri Akal Dear members! Happy New Year and all the best wishes from NTS!   I want to talk a little bit about NTS Facebook page. Many of…

Started by Danka

2 Jan 29, 2017
Reply by Danka

NTS newsletter: August 2016

Sat sri akal all, Long time no talk! Hope everyone is doing well.  I wasn't able to dedicate a lot of time to NewToSikhi website, but I'm…

Started by Danka

0 Aug 11, 2016

What is a gurdwara? Inside gurdwara

The Gurdwara is a a Sikh place of worship.   The Sikh place of worship is called the gurdwara. This means ‘Guru’s door’ – God’s house.  …

Started by Danka

2 May 16, 2016
Reply by Danka

Are Tattoos allowed for Amritdharis?

Khalsa belongs to the Lord, To Lord is the glory! Dear gurkmukhs, I just wanted to ask that my wedding anniversary is approaching soon and…

Started by Yusaf Husseini

10 Mar 9, 2016
Reply by Jaspreet Kaur

Resources: What is Sikhi & Who Are The Sikhs?

There are so many good articles and video on the world wide web, so I decided to keep some notes plus it will be handy for the people who w…

Started by Danka

3 Jul 23, 2015
Reply by Dilpreet singh Sethi

NTS Newsletter: December 2014

SSA Dear Sangat,   I'm in my kitchen and I'm preparing some food for the New Year's celebration. Today I'm bringing savory blini (pancakes)…

Started by Danka

2 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Danka

Gurdwaras around the world: Palma city, Majorca, Spain

SSA All, Every time we go somewhere on holidays (I refer to my family), we tend to visit local gurdwaras. I already visited Moscow gurdwar…

Started by Danka

0 Nov 6, 2014

RSS

Suggestions & Complaints Box

If you have any suggestions or would like to report something or someone, please send me a message.

Danka

New To Sikhi friends:

About

Danka created this Ning Network.

© 2019   Created by Danka.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service